Four 2019 competitions!
1. Scarecrow Competition
Local traders are invited to let their imagination run wild and use their skill to create an eye catching competition winning scarecrow or window display.
This year’s theme is Festivals.
From Sunday 23rd June to Saturday 6th July
Scarecrows will be displayed outside shops which are taking part in the competition and you can vote for your favourite. Collect a voting slip from the Festival Box Office at the Forge Shopping Centre in Stockton Heath, and return it to the ballot box there or at the Information Point on the Festival Field during the Festival.
The winner will be announced at 4pm on Sunday outside the main marquee.
Thank you to the sponsor: Grangeside Joinery and Building Contractors
2. Festival Art Exhibition Competition
Local amateur artists are invited to submit work of mixed media. Prizes will be given to the pieces judged first and second and you can vote for your favourite piece for the Tudor Pole Award.
You can see entries at the Festival Art Exhibition in St Thomas’ Church:
- Wednesday 3rd July 10am to 4.30pm
- Thursday 4th July 11am to 4.30pm
- Friday 5th July 10am to 8pm
- Saturday 6th July 10am to 4.30pm
- Sunday 7th July 12noon to 6pm
Prizes: 1st place – £100 and 2nd place – £50.
Thank you to the sponsor: Rotary Club of Warrington
3. Photography Competition – show your style!
This year’s theme: Festivals
Age categories: under 16, over 16
There are three prizes each category: £30, £20 and £10
Photographs must have been taken after 1st January 2019
Entering the competition is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- The competition opens on Saturday 1st June and closes Saturday 22nd June 2019.
Send your photos to email@example.com
- Each photo must be a minimum of 1MB and less thank 3MB in size and sent as a jpg/jpeg attachment (not in the body of the email).
- Entries smaller than this or sent in another format will not be counted.
- A maximum of two photos per person can be submitted.
From Monday 24th June the public can vote for their favourites from the shortlist on the Festival Facebook page @stocktonheathfest
Members of the Warrington Photography Club will choose the winners and the judges decision will be final. Winners will be notified by email.
Thank you to the sponsors: Victoria Garage and Milton Motors
4. Festival Dog Show
Enter your best friend in this much anticipated annual event is keenly contested and run in aid of the Merseyside Retired Greyhound Trust.
Categories include best puppy, waggiest tail and best in show. There’s a small entry fee per dog.
Sunday 7th July at 12noon on the Festival Field.